Saturday, March 9, 2013

Vin Diesel's The Fast and The Furious Dodge Charger



"I loved the movie and all the cars in it. It was one hell of a movie but one car that really got my attention was the 1970 Dodge Charger. It was a pure beast!!!"
This car first appears in the movie 'The Fast and The Furious'. The car was originally a 1969 Dodge Charger and it had been modified to look like a 1970 Dodge Charger. As in the movie Dominic and his father build this car when Dominic was young. The car was build for drags and it did a 1/4 mile in 9 seconds flat. Well that was pretty impressive. Its got a 900hp Supercharged Chrysler engine. Dominic's father died driving this car. He collide head on with a wall at 120mph. After that incident Dominic was scared to drive the charger. When he discovers that Brian is a cop he takes the charger out for a deadly drag.

Modified 1970 Dodge Charger



Car Specs:

Model: 1969/1970 Dodge Charger R/T
0-100 Km/h: "Unknown"
Top speed: "Unknown"
Quarter mile: 9 Seconds flat (shown in movie)
Engine: Supercharged Chrysler 426 Hemi V-8
Power: 900 BHP
Wheel Drive: Rear Wheel Drive
Performance extra's: Supercharged with BDS 9-71 Roots-style blower
Body kit: "Original"
Color: Black (from Metallic to Matt)
Wheels/Tires: Continental Sport Contact
Rims: Front size- 18-by-8.0 inches, Rear size- 18-by-9.5 inches


Memorable Quotes 

 

Dom: I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bullshit. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free. 

Dom: [looking at the junked Toyota Supra being hauled in] I said a ten-*second* car, not a ten-*minute* car.
Jesse: You could push this across the finish line, or tow it.
Dom: You couldn't even tow that across the finish line.
Brian: No Faith.
Dom: I have faith in you, but this isn't a junkyard. This is a garage  



The deadly drag race from the movie



This car was totaled and rebuilt 3 times in the movie franchise so it is obvious that it is gonna be there for a long time. This charger has become a star in  movie cars. It is one of the best muscle cars out their in the whole world.

I hope you guys enjoyed my review. Please leave a comment to let me know which car you want me to do a review on next time. C ya soon with another bad ass hot-rod !!! \m/

3 comments: